Fundamental Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for efficiently and effectively providing clerical support to Administrative staff. Facilitates the work flow through typing of correspondence, handling telephone calls, collecting and calculating data and coordination of daily activities.
1. Performs clerical duties assigned by Administrative staff, including:
a. typing, copying and dispensing correspondence
b. screening incoming calls, taking messages and keeping phone logs, as needed
c. processing data related to medical record maintenance.
2. Prepares and submits check requests, as delegated.
3. Maintains medical records, files, calendars and other records for the Administration as required.
4. Establishes and maintains good working relationships. Communicates effectively with Administrative and clerical staff. Is courteous/professional with visitors and callers.
5. Maintains confidentiality of records, correspondence, etc.
6. Understands and conforms to agency policies and procedures.
7. Ensures protection of confidential information that is stored, handled or maintained by following Company policies and procedures related to confidentiality and/or HIPAA regulations.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job functions considered
necessary of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory personnel.
The following requirements are those that are normally required for performance of the job. Any disabled applicant or incumbent who does not meet one or more of the requirements, but who can perform the essential functions of the job (with or without reasonable accommodations) shall be deemed to meet these requirements.
Work requires little or no physical effort. Lifting or performing other work requiring light physical exertion (up to 30 pounds) is intermittent (not a routine part of job) and secondary to the job.
High School Graduate or equivalent
Knowledge of business and office procedures.
One (1) year experience, background in data entry preferred
3. Special Skills
Time management skills
4. Licensure, Registration, Certification
Current State Driver’s License
Current Auto Liability Insurance according to Company policy
6. Other Requirements
Must have reliable transportation
Regular and consistent attendance is required
Essential Environmental Conditions
Work is performed under basically normal working conditions as in a standard office environment.
Essential Job Knowledge
Work requires oral grammar and basic communication skills in spelling, grammar, punctuation for completing basic records and reports, basic knowledge of medical terminology, basic arithmetic skills including multiplication, division, and percentages.
A. Supervision Received:
Nurse / Branch Manager
B. Supervision Given:
C. Direct Inter-relationships:
Patients and Families
Medical / Office Supply Companies